Monday, July 28, 2008

Youth Conference: The Eternal Race

Fortunately for us, we were chosen to be "Parents" on this year's Youth Conference event entitled "The Eternal Race." The activities involved whitewater rafting (where I got in a fight with the rocks when I voluntarily decided to swim in the rapids and the rapids overpowered me just a little bit), hanging out with our "family" at our host's home (girls with girls, boys with boys, of course - Mom and Dad had to split up), then on the 2nd day traveling from place to place with certain obstacles and challenges to overcome that were symbolic of life's "eternal race" and the trials that comes with it. Then on the last day we listened to three wonderful speakers with very poignant messages. There was wonderful food, great accomodations, and very well planned events. The Stake leadership really put time and effort into Youth Conference and it showed.




The "Family"




One of the obstacle called the "Spider Web " involved getting the youth getting each other through the holes without touching the lines. If the lines were touched, you had to start all over.

My Maryville girls suited up for whitewater rafting down the Ocoee River with up to Level 4 rapids with 5 being the highest. Now a new found love for the Carver family.





The boys from our "family." As you can tell, it was nearing the end of the day and it was hot. Nuf said. (All other times they were smiling - with us as parents, they couldn't help but have a great time.)



We were waiting for our turn to complete the "Spider Web." (Maria from my ward is on the left. I was very excited she was in my "family")



Can my Maryville girls get any cuter?


I included this picture only because the first thing I thought when I saw this was, "Hey, that looks like Delaney!" (Another cute Maryville girl on the right - all my Young Women girls are CUTE!)


Us at the dance.

As for Rhett, Ella, and Lucy, they were left in the very capable hands of my Mom and Dad Carver and Anna Barb and Uncle Ken, who always take such great care that the only thing I have left to worry about is how much I will miss them (and I actually do). When we returned the babies were fed, the house was clean and as a bonus the front porch was painted and the lawn landscaped. What a blessing to have such a wonderful and loving family. Thank you! XO

1 comment:

Alisa said...

Lorianne...OMG!!! Your family is soooo beautiful! And Joe - well I almost didn't recognize him w/out his "Brother Brigham" look! :) Glad to see all is going well for you. I'm pretty sure I sent you the link to our blog, but just in case I didn't here it is again. www.eastcoastwilkesfamily.blogspot.com.

XOXO
Alisa