Monday, July 28, 2008

Pro. Big Brother & Big Sister





Since the arrival of Lucy, Rhett and Ella have been a pro at being a big brother and big sister. It has only been on few occasions that I have had to call attention to handing her something too small, blowing in her face, or just wondering what would happen if you tried to push her in her swing . . . with your foot . . . on her stomach. Lucy, of course, is like a trained old hound dog that never "nips" unless one of the kids happen to pull a little too hard. They have been best of friends with her since day one and she loves to look, watch and laugh as they interact with her.





One day while I was running an errand, I looked in my rear view mirror to find that all three were smiling at each other, something that I did not instigate, and I felt quite accomplished knowing that they were just enjoying being together. I am very blessed to have 3 healthy, beautiful babies and I think that perhaps I am even starting to enjoy motherhood (don't tell anyone).

2 comments:

Jessica said...

You are lucky to have such great kids and to be such a great mom and to stay at home with them.

Ava Nielson said...

Lucy is looking so grown up. She's a cutie!