Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Kindergarten - It finally came

The day had finally arrived. I had prepared and then prepared again. Thanks to the Lord's help we dropped him off before I lost it. There we sat in the parking lot, both of us, trying to avoid sobbing in front of Ella. You would have thought we attended a funeral. I don't know if it is because he's our first and this is the first of firsts for separation and sending him out into the world or if I will truly miss him.

These are just 2 of four of the pictures I took of that "great and dreadful" day. I had brought the camera to class to take pictures of the classroom and his newfound friends, but that never happened. And it still didn't happen until I finally brought cupcakes to his class for his birthday - in October. I still have a hard time sending him out in the morning, waking him up, waving goodbye. Heavens knows he is an involved child when it comes to staying home with me, needing constant entertainment. Who knows? Maybe I am more of a mother than I realized.




Ella's first stacked haircut. She looks so cute with short, trendy hair.

I love this picture because it looks as if Lucy is saying, "help me" in a low, husky voice as Ella "lovingly" hoists her back to her to get in the shot.

No comments: