Saturday, November 1, 2008

Trick or Treat?

We had a bit of a scare. Poor Rhett had a stomach virus and almost couldn't go trick o' treating but by the time the night arrived he was feeling much better and we decided to go for it anyway. We defintely didn't get too close to other children, but I just couldn't imagine having to keep him away when that was all he'd been talking about all week! We did go and had an excellent time and got lots of candy, candy, candy!

Ella told me she wanted to go as a "Happy Wicked Witch" this year and I looked for the happiest witch outfit I could find. There is a pointy hat, but tonight of all nights she told me she wanted her hair in pigtails and I wasn't going to pass up an opportunity to put her hair up. Forget the hat, Ella wanted her hair up!


She is giving me a mean wicked witch face.

Yes, that is a huge bow. No, I wouldn't put it on her on any other day (I would though if I knew I wouldn't be made fun of! I love bows.)

Rhett said he wanted to be a turtle. I said, "A ninja turtle?" and he said, "nope, just a turtle." Luckily the gods were with me and there was only one turtle costume at TJ Max that I just happened upon that was just his size. Shew!

He kept calling the shell his "shelf." Don't look at my laundry. Who wants to do laundry on Halloween?!

Joe modeling the pointy hat. We went as the "cute couple" (ah - how cute!).

Ella saw Daddy giving Mommy a kiss and she wanted to do the same. Now that is cute.

Somebody asked me what Lucy was going as and I said "warm."
I could just eat them!

3 comments:

Ava Nielson said...

Ella makes oneadorable nice witch! I love Lucy's big bow and you should keep it up! I love that Rhett wanted to be a turtle! Glad you guys had fun!

Jessica said...

Oh, what Halloween fun! I'm so happy that Rhett hurried up and got better so he could get some free candy. I love that Ella wanted to be a happy witch and that she had long enough hair for pig tails. Lil' miss Lucy? Cute, cute, cut! Our babies need to play!!! Miss you soo much.

Too bad you and Joe couldn't have been kissing as a 'cute couple' ALL night and at every house. Now that would have been a fun Halloween.

Heather said...

What cuties! I miss you guys, so it was good to see your pictures. Bryce was a turtle his first halloween & then again when he was 5. You were lucky you found one at the store. I had to make one, and couldn't find a pattern, so I just had to be creative.