Saturday, November 1, 2008

Rhett is 5!

I can't believe that he is 5 years old. Two years ago I held his 3rd birthday in this very spot. Walking on ground that I had previously walked on for a similar reason. The days have passed so quickly and I am very grateful that each year passes with comfort and health. That being said, the party went perfectly. Rhett had a lot of his friends come and he had a great time. The pavilion is in a park with playground galore and we had pizza and cake and presents. It was a Spiderman theme as you will see and for Rhett's birthday present from Ella, she decided to blow out his candle for him - much to our surpise. She was sitting right in front of it so I guess it looked like a big, shiny red button. We of course lit it again and Rhett had his moment and then played and played some more!


This is Catarina. Pretty much the love of Rhett's life. They go to school together and obviously share the same love of Spiderman which is a good foundation for a strong relationship. Up until the time she arrived Rhett kept asking if she was coming and when was she going to get there. Thank goodness she came!


I have such a wonderful family who helps me out tremendously with every birthday party (Mother not pictured, but she is definitely included!) and I am so grateful for them.Yes that is a cop. What can I say? Do you think that I would throw any kind of party that a cop wouldn't eventually show up? I just decided to go ahead and invite one so I could get on his good side early. (He is also the husband of one of my girlfriends.) Catarina's mom in the navy blue, I should probably get on her good side as well the way Rhett talks about Catarina.

2 comments:

Ava Nielson said...

SPiderman is pretty cool! Happy Birthday, Rett!

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday Rhett! I can't believe you are FIVE! I remember when you were just an announcement in your mommy's stomach.

Lori, you are so lucky to have family close. I dream about how nice it would be...